Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Nutella Chocolate Milkshake Bundt Cake

Soft and rich with a creamy milk chocolate flavour, this milkshake bundt cake has a surprise tunnel of Nutella running right through it.
Nutella Chocolate Milkshake Bundt Cake - with a tunnel of Nutella hidden inside
After giving you muffins and cream cheese cookies last week I thought you might like something a little more chocolately this week. It is a whole 12 days since I last gave you a chocolate cake recipe after all. Admittedly I was supposed to have this up yesterday but what with travelling back from Huddersfield on Saturday, then spending Sunday on Whitby, there was no time to schedule posts to go live ahead of time. We didn't get back until 9pm due to traffic so we were all exhausted. I really hate travelling by car. Train journeys spell adventure to me but car journeys spell torture. 
Nutella Chocolate Milkshake Bundt Cake - with a tunnel of Nutella hidden inside
Despite the travelling it was a lovely day and I'd be lying if I said I regretted being late with this post. I hope I can make up for my laissez-faire attitude with this cake. It is as aesthetically pleasing as delicious as it is to eat. Plus there is Nutella. Am I forgiven yet?
Nutella Chocolate Milkshake Bundt Cake - with a tunnel of Nutella hidden inside
Born out of a need to use up some chocolate milkshake, I wanted something simple but effective and full of chocolate. My signature style. Using my favourite all in one method I created something with a luxuriant crumb and a creamy, milky, perfectly balanced chocolate flavour. Where the tunnel of Nutella falls to during baking, the cake combines with the outer edges of Nutella to create an area of gooey fudginess. This is the best bit and deserves to be left until last to enjoy in all its glory.
Nutella Chocolate Milkshake Bundt Cake - with a tunnel of Nutella hidden inside
Just like its tunnel of jam predecessor, this bundt only needs a quick dusting of icing sugar to finish it off. That is the beauty of bundt cakes - the tin does all the hard work for you. Simply treat the tin right with a good dusting of flour or cocoa powder before hand and it will reward you with an impressive cake. No effort needed. Just grab a plate a dig in. 


print recipe

Nutella Chocolate Milkshake Bundt Cake
Soft and rich with a creamy milk chocolate flavour, this milkshake bundt cake has a surprise tunnel of Nutella running right through it.
Ingredients
  • 175 plain flour
  • 175g caster sugar
  • 175g margarine or butter, softened
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 100 ml chocolate milkshake
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 4 tbsp Nutella
Instructions
1. Set the oven to 170 C/150 C fan. Grease and flour a bundt tin well.2. Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl, sifting the dry ones. Using an electric mixer, mix together until just combined.3. Transfer the mixture to the bundt tin and smooth out. Warm the Nutella slightly if it is too stiff and spoon it on top of the cake mixture in the centre of the tin. Carefully ease the cake mixture either side of the Nutella so it covers it.4. Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 mins. Leave to cool on a wire rack.5. When cool, carefully turn out the cake onto a plate and dust with icing sugar.


I'm sending this bundt off to CookBlogShare, this week hosted by Beckie at This Is Not My Home. Also to Elizabeth at Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary for No Waste Food Challenge because I didn't want the chocolate milkshake I was given to go to waste.

21 comments:

  1. This cake looks so exciting! And I'm so impressed by how beautifully it came out of the tin. Thanks for linking to #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Beckie :) Also, it's a huge relief each time a bundt cake comes out of its tin properly!

      Delete
  2. Sounds (and looks) awesome - love the idea of using milkshake in the batter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The milkshake made for a wonderful texture.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Lucy I'm so sorry - I accidentally deleted your comment. I do value it, I really do but now I don't seem to be able to get it back! I hit the wrong button on my iPad :(

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, I love Nutella and this cake looks so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty! I wish I could claim the credit - bundt tins are so impressive aren't they?!

      Delete
  5. Is there an easy way to translate the recipe into US measurements? The cake sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, going on what I know about cups to grams conversions you'd need a generous 1 1/3 cup plain flour, a scant cup of caster (superfine?) sugar and 3/4 cup of margarine or butter. I hope this helps you!

      Delete
  6. Nutella tunnel is something I would dreamed as a kid, but in larger scales, since I was hooked on nutella...
    I'll try to make this little one instead when I get nutella munchies ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like one of hte best dreams haha! This would definitely be a good cake to satisfy Nutella munchies and if not, you could always add a scoop of Nutella on the side...

      Delete
  7. This looks so good. I love Nutella and cake oh and anything that mentions milkshakes. Can't wait t give this a try! I would love for you to share some of your recipes over at Throw Back Thursday's weekend link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo thanks for the heads up. I'll pop over and take a look

      Delete
  8. If it involves Nutella, you shall always be forgiven. Extra brownie points because it's a bundt! I don't think I've seen that style of bundt tin before, it's a really pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's good to know! The bundt is from Lakeland - I love it. They don't do many of their own designs ut I do like them!

      Delete
  9. Bundts are fab aren't they? And this recipe seems so straight forward.... Love the tunnel of Nutella and the addition of milkshake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! Perhaps even my favourite sort because of their simplicity and I'd make them more often if there were more people here to eat them quickly so I could get on with making the next one!

      Delete
  10. Oh Laura this sounds positively heavenly! I don't think I'd be able to stop at one slice! Thank you for sharing with the No Waste Food Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you have to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER come back...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!