Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Baking With Spirit - July 2014

I'm very excited to be writing this post because I'm bringing something a little different to I'd Much Rather Bake Than... this month by guest hosting Baking With Spirit, a wonderful challenge designed by Janine from Cake Of The Week. Janine has very graciously (and bravely) handed the reigns over to me for July and I can't wait to see what you concoct.


Even though I don't touch alcohol as a drink, as an ingredient in food it's a whole other matter. Cakes, chocolates (especially truffles!) and savouries, I love the extra dimension that alcohol gives. As we move further into summer, and I hope you are listening to this British weather, more and more social gatherings are taking place. No party is complete without all manner of beverages so this month I am challenging you to get creative with...

ALCOHOL FOR PARTIES

I'm not going to be strict with my definition of a party, that's up to you to decide. It could be a BBQ, a buffet, a tradtional birthday celebration or simply a gathering of friends. Whatever you see fit to grace with some sort of alcohol infused treat. If you need some sort of inspiration you can have a nosey around Janine's blog Cake Of The Week as well as the list of previous Baking With Spirit round ups. The most recent round up can be found over at The Usual Saucepans where Craig has had the honour of hosting in June, providing us with the theme of reinvented classics, a challenge which saw some really creative entries.

You can submit your entries via the linky below and any questions, please don't hestitate to ask! If you would like to host Baking With Spirit yourself then Janine can be found on Twitter @CakeOfTheWeek.

Baking With Spirit rules
Find a comprehensive list here
  1. Make something food-related containing alcohol suitable for a party.
  2. Write a post about it on your blog, link back to Cake Of The Week and I'd Much Rather Bake Than... and add Baking With Spirit as a tag/label and include the challenge badge in your post.
  3. Add your blog post link to the linky below  If you tweet us @CakeOfTheWeek  and @MustBakeCakes and use #bakingwithspirit we will endeavour to retweet!
  4. The deadline is midnight on the 28th.

9 comments:

  1. Great idea for a theme! You see, this is why it's great having guest hosts because they aren't in my head and come up with things that I wouldn't. I'm looking forward to seeing the entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And I knew you'd end up seeing this before I got chance to let you know it was up. I can't decide what it make myself!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you intend your party to go with a swing - nice theme. Am I allowed to submit a cocktail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, it would be perfect =)

      Delete
  3. Hi Laura, my apologies for the duplicate submission (Tiramisu) as the first submission didn't appear and I thought it wasn't submitted successfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a problem. Glad to have you on board =)

      Delete
  4. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you got to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!