Friday, 1 November 2013

The Biscuit Barrel Challenge - November

It's time for another Biscuit Barrel challenge! Since I discovered blogging baking challenges I've eagerly looked forward to the start of each month when I can scour the blogs I follow and make a list of all the challenges and their themes for the month. I was gutted this month that I couldn't enter some that I had planned because I didn't have time. Fingers crossed for November though and if I wish really hard I might even get to enter a couple that I have been keeping an eye on but still haven't even managed to enter for a first time let alone a repeat.

Octobers Biscuit Barrel challenge produced some fabuloous recipes and it was really interesting to see the bakes that you all had bookmarked to make at a later date. For my own part it was also lovely to force myself to actually make a couple of the things I had collected on Pinterest finally. They were delicious too. If you haven't caught it yet, you can find the October round up here.

Onto the challenge for November. I wanted to go with a festive theme because Christmas is fast approaching and I thought it would be nice to see what people want to make in advance, firstly to give you a chance to practise if you want to try something new and secondly so there is still time to make something in December if the other entries inspire you to give them a go. However, I don't want to exclude anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas for whatever reason so with this in minf the theme for November is...
FESTIVE AND PARTY

Yep, anything that fits into a biscuit/cookie container and loosely fits the theme is fine. Whatever goodies you would serve up at a party or for a special occasion, whatever that occasion may be is fine so don't let the time of year limit you. It can be as simple or fancy as you like. I can't wait to see what you come up with so go have fun!

The Biscuit Barrel Challenge rules:
  1. Blog about your recipe that fits in with the theme of the month, linking back to I'd Much Rather Bake Than... Include the logo in your post and add 'The Biscuit Barrel' as a label.
  2. It would be lovely if you could follow I'd Much Rather Bake Than... using the Google Friend Connect Button.
  3. Add the link to your post to the linky tool at the bottom of the post of the month (see above for themes/inks) by the 26th of the month. Don't worry, it's really easy.
  4. The recipe can be your own or someone else, just give credit where it is due.You can also add old posts as long as they have been updated to include the logo/link/label.
  5. You can submit as many recipes as you like and enter your recipe into as many other challenges as you wish as long as it complies with the rules of that challenge.
  6. Don't be concerned about joining in every month. When you have time or when you feel like it is fine.
  7. If you are on Twitter tweet your link to be @MustBakeCakes and use #biscuitbarrel and I'll try to retweet those I see. I'll also pin entries onto the Biscuit Barrel board on Pinterest.
  8. Any questions feel free to ask in a comment or email at smile101@fsmail.net or laurajdenman@gmail.com
  9. Most important of all, have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh must get my thinking cap on! A splendid challenge theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so hope you can join in, I can't wait to see what you come up with =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!